Recently one of my colleague told me that whenever she tried to open her MS Word document containing images, the image does not appear. She tried to open the document on another computer and it just works fine. I did a little search on this issue and came to know that this issue may occurs if some of the Word options are disable and to display images properly, you need to enable them.
Use “In line with text” option: Using this option you will be able to see the image in any View. Follow below steps to use the “In line with text” option:
- Open your document and click the image.
- Go to Format tab-> Arrange group-> Text Wrapping.
- Now click the In line with text option.
Try to open your document in another view: If you are viewing your document in Draft or Outline view the above problem may occur. Try to open your document in one of the following view:
- Full Screen Reading.
- Print Layout
- Web Layout
- Print Preview
Enable “ Show drawing and text boxes on screen” option: Following are the steps to enable above option
- Go to Microsoft Button-> Word Options-> Advanced.
- Click the Show drawing and text box option under Show document content and click Ok.
Enable “Print drawings created in Word”: By enabling this option you will be able to view the image in Print Preview. Following are the steps to enable this option:
- Go to Microsoft Office Button-> Word Options-> Display.
- Now select the Print drawings created in Word option under Printing Options and click OK.
Disable “Picture Placeholder” option: By turning off this option you will be able to view the image in all views. Following are the steps to disable this option:
- Go to Microsoft Office Button-> Word Options-> Advanced.
- Now clear the Picture Placeholder checkbox under the Display document content and click Ok
Note: Disable this option only if you are using the “In line with text “Wrapping style option.